Guest Post Policy
Thank you for your interest in being a guest blogger for my blog. Before submitting a post, please read the following guidelines carefully.
- All guest posts must be useful to this blog’s audience.
- All guest posts must be grammatically correct and free of spelling errors.
- Guest posts should be between 500-1000 words
- Guest blogger may submit images related to the post. All images must be properly licensed and attributed.
- All guest posts may include a 2-3 sentence author bio, which will be published at the end of the guest post. 1-2 links to the author’s website, blog or other branded online destination may be included in the bio.
- All guest posts must be original.
- I will not accept posts that are maliciously offensive to one or more groups of people, that undermine what I stand for, or that regurgitate things already said.
- No guest posts will be published that have already been published elsewhere online as verified by or .
Guest post submission is not a guarantee of publication.
You can write about whatever you like, but this is basically what I’m looking for:
- anything related to historical fiction
- anything related to writing fiction, the writing industry, or blogging for writers
- anything inspiring, empowering or encouraging to writers
Links and credits
- I will link to your blog per default when I introduce you
- Credit all sources of information, such as quotes or research
Promotion and Reposting
If you are published, please include the title of your latest book or story, the genre and age-group (if it applies), and a very brief elevator pitch. I will include them in your introduction.
The body of your post, however, must not contain any additional sales pitches for your own work, your business or your services. If any such self-promotion is included, I will delete it before posting or refuse to publish the post.
You are very welcome to promote the guest post on your own website or other online places.
Your guest post is a gift to my blog. By submitting it, you grant me license as the exclusive publisher of that post. You may republish parts of it on your own blog, but the post in its entirety should not appear anywhere else on the web.
While it’s not required that you reply to ALL comments to your guest post, try to reply to at least a few, or thank people for engaging. Comment in a thoughtful and polite way.
Contact and submission
Please contact me at the email provided should you wish to submit a guest posts – email@example.com
Tell me what you want to write about. If your post is fits, we will discuss when to have it go live. If not, can discuss it and see if we can reach an understanding.
Please include a short author bio (no more than 50 words) and add your Twitter & Facebook handles.
I retain the right to refuse a guest post based on any of the criteria mentioned here, or on the bad reputation or inadequate behavior of the post author.